Machete found at scene of suspected stabbing in Dagenham
- Credit: Google
Police found a machete in a Dagenham street on Saturday while at the scene of a suspected stabbing.
Officers were called to reports of a fight at the Heathway junction with Church Elm Lane shortly after 6.30pm.
The Met attended along with paramedics from London Ambulance Service.
They found the weapon but no victim or suspect.
Officers treated the scene as a suspected stabbing and set up a cordon in the road.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a crime scene in place, so please avoid the area,” said the Met’s Barking and Dagenham Police Twitter account.
“We’re are [sic] appealing for witnesses to the incident to contact 101 urgently.”
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?
The incident came nine days after Abdulrahman Nassor Juma, known to friends as Mani, was knifed to death in Barking.
The 23-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene in Crows Road.
A 22-year-old man arrested on suspicion of Abdulrahman’s murder has been released on bail.