Machete found at scene of suspected stabbing in Dagenham
- Credit: Google
Police found a machete in a Dagenham street on Saturday while at the scene of a suspected stabbing.
Officers were called to reports of a fight at the Heathway junction with Church Elm Lane shortly after 6.30pm.
The Met attended along with paramedics from London Ambulance Service.
They found the weapon but no victim or suspect.
Officers treated the scene as a suspected stabbing and set up a cordon in the road.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a crime scene in place, so please avoid the area,” said the Met’s Barking and Dagenham Police Twitter account.
“We’re are [sic] appealing for witnesses to the incident to contact 101 urgently.”
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
The incident came nine days after Abdulrahman Nassor Juma, known to friends as Mani, was knifed to death in Barking.
The 23-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene in Crows Road.
A 22-year-old man arrested on suspicion of Abdulrahman’s murder has been released on bail.