Machete-wielding gang rob two teenagers of their bikes in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers were robbed at machete-point by a group of five men trying to steal their bikes yesterday evening in a Barking park.
The group approached the victims, who are in their late teens, in Mayesbrook Park at around 7.30pm and tried to take their bikes.
When the young men resisted one of the group pulled out a machete. It is also believed the rest of the group also had knives.
The victims then handed over their red bikes.
Police have not yet made any arrests and are appealing for information about the attack.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information, please call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham