Man, 40, arrested over Green Lane shooting
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested over a shooting in Green Lane earlier this month.
The 40-year-old was arrested in Chatham, Kent, on Monday and has since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Police believe a number of shots were fired from a vehicle in the Dagenham street during the incident, which happened at 5.49am on Wednesday, July 1.
The road was cordened off between Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, and Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for the rest of the morning.
The victim, a man in his 50s, was treated for gunshot injuries in hospital but has since been released.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or has information but has not yet come forward should contact Trident on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears