Man, 40, arrested over Green Lane shooting
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested over a shooting in Green Lane earlier this month.
The 40-year-old was arrested in Chatham, Kent, on Monday and has since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Police believe a number of shots were fired from a vehicle in the Dagenham street during the incident, which happened at 5.49am on Wednesday, July 1.
The road was cordened off between Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, and Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for the rest of the morning.
The victim, a man in his 50s, was treated for gunshot injuries in hospital but has since been released.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or has information but has not yet come forward should contact Trident on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya