Man, 50, appears at Old Bailey charged with murder after woman found dead in Rush Green house
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with murder after a woman was found dead following a house fire.
Thomas Peter, of Valentines Way, Rush Green, appeared before Judge John Leonard at the Old Bailey today (August 7) in connection with an incident on August 2.
The victim, believed to be in her 50s and named locally as Karen Peter, was discovered in a house in Valentines Way.
She is said to be a mother-of-three.
Police were called to a house in Valentines Way at 6.45am on Thursday (August 2) following reports of a disturbance at the address. London Fire Brigade was also alerted to a blaze inside the property.
You may also want to watch:
Since the incident well-wishers have left floral tributes outside the house.
Mr Peter, 50, also faces a charge of arson with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 7 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
He is due to return to the Old Bailey on October 23. He remains in custody.