Man, 50, appears at Old Bailey charged with murder after woman found dead in Rush Green house
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with murder after a woman was found dead following a house fire.
Thomas Peter, of Valentines Way, Rush Green, appeared before Judge John Leonard at the Old Bailey today (August 7) in connection with an incident on August 2.
The victim, believed to be in her 50s and named locally as Karen Peter, was discovered in a house in Valentines Way.
She is said to be a mother-of-three.
Police were called to a house in Valentines Way at 6.45am on Thursday (August 2) following reports of a disturbance at the address. London Fire Brigade was also alerted to a blaze inside the property.
You may also want to watch:
Since the incident well-wishers have left floral tributes outside the house.
Mr Peter, 50, also faces a charge of arson with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 8 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 9 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
He is due to return to the Old Bailey on October 23. He remains in custody.