Man, 50, appears at Old Bailey charged with murder after woman found dead in Rush Green house
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with murder after a woman was found dead following a house fire.
Thomas Peter, of Valentines Way, Rush Green, appeared before Judge John Leonard at the Old Bailey today (August 7) in connection with an incident on August 2.
The victim, believed to be in her 50s and named locally as Karen Peter, was discovered in a house in Valentines Way.
She is said to be a mother-of-three.
Police were called to a house in Valentines Way at 6.45am on Thursday (August 2) following reports of a disturbance at the address. London Fire Brigade was also alerted to a blaze inside the property.
Since the incident well-wishers have left floral tributes outside the house.
Mr Peter, 50, also faces a charge of arson with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 4 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 5 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 6 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 7 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 8 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
He is due to return to the Old Bailey on October 23. He remains in custody.