Man, 50, appears at Old Bailey charged with murder after woman found dead in Rush Green house
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with murder after a woman was found dead following a house fire.
Thomas Peter, of Valentines Way, Rush Green, appeared before Judge John Leonard at the Old Bailey today (August 7) in connection with an incident on August 2.
The victim, believed to be in her 50s and named locally as Karen Peter, was discovered in a house in Valentines Way.
She is said to be a mother-of-three.
Police were called to a house in Valentines Way at 6.45am on Thursday (August 2) following reports of a disturbance at the address. London Fire Brigade was also alerted to a blaze inside the property.
You may also want to watch:
Since the incident well-wishers have left floral tributes outside the house.
Mr Peter, 50, also faces a charge of arson with intent to endanger life.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
He is due to return to the Old Bailey on October 23. He remains in custody.