Man arrested after New Year’s Eve fight in Dagenham
- Credit: Georgina Kirby
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assault and burglary after a brawl broke out on a housing estate late on New Year’s Eve.
Police were called to Peverel House in Stour Road, Dagenham, just after 11.30pm on Saturday to reports of a fight at a property.
Attending officers found a 26-year-old man suffering head injuries although these were not said to be life-threatening. He was treated by London Ambulance Service.
Another 26-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering from cuts to his hand.
He was later arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) and burglary.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been bailed to return on a date in mid-February. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?