Man arrested after New Year’s Eve fight in Dagenham
- Credit: Georgina Kirby
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assault and burglary after a brawl broke out on a housing estate late on New Year’s Eve.
Police were called to Peverel House in Stour Road, Dagenham, just after 11.30pm on Saturday to reports of a fight at a property.
Attending officers found a 26-year-old man suffering head injuries although these were not said to be life-threatening. He was treated by London Ambulance Service.
Another 26-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering from cuts to his hand.
He was later arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) and burglary.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been bailed to return on a date in mid-February. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 4 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 7 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford