Man arrested after New Year’s Eve fight in Dagenham
- Credit: Georgina Kirby
A man has been arrested on suspicion of assault and burglary after a brawl broke out on a housing estate late on New Year’s Eve.
Police were called to Peverel House in Stour Road, Dagenham, just after 11.30pm on Saturday to reports of a fight at a property.
Attending officers found a 26-year-old man suffering head injuries although these were not said to be life-threatening. He was treated by London Ambulance Service.
Another 26-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering from cuts to his hand.
He was later arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) and burglary.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been bailed to return on a date in mid-February. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?