Man arrested after suspected broad daylight attack in Barking town centre
- Credit: Archant
A victim was rushed to hospital after police officers found him lying injured on the pavement in Barking town centre on Friday afternoon.
The man was discovered at 1.19pm lying outside the Dreams Hotel on Linton Road as police officers went about a regular patrol.
An ambulance was called and he was taken to an east London hospital with injuries to his arm and shoulder.
His condition is not life-threatening or life-changing.
A second patient was also looked over at the scene but did not require hospital treatment.
Two men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault. One, aged 53, has been bailed to a date in early march was the other has since been released with no further action.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition