Man arrested after two people injured in Dagenham
A man was stabbed and a woman suffered head injuries at an address in Dagenham over the weekend.
Police and ambulance crews attended the home just before 5pm on Saturday, where they found the wounded pair. The man and woman, whose injuries were not life-threatening, were both taken to hospital by ambulance, the man by air and the woman by road.
A man was arrested in connection with the incident.
Neighbour and former paramedic Tony Neve, 68, said: “I saw a man staggering out of his home and then he fell over on the ground. I went to help but police and paramedics were there soon after.
“It was pouring with rain so I held an umbrella over as they were treating him. There was quite a lot of blood. The man seemed in shock.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance landed in Pondfield Park.
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week