Man arrested after two people injured in Dagenham
A man was stabbed and a woman suffered head injuries at an address in Dagenham over the weekend.
Police and ambulance crews attended the home just before 5pm on Saturday, where they found the wounded pair. The man and woman, whose injuries were not life-threatening, were both taken to hospital by ambulance, the man by air and the woman by road.
A man was arrested in connection with the incident.
Neighbour and former paramedic Tony Neve, 68, said: “I saw a man staggering out of his home and then he fell over on the ground. I went to help but police and paramedics were there soon after.
“It was pouring with rain so I held an umbrella over as they were treating him. There was quite a lot of blood. The man seemed in shock.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance landed in Pondfield Park.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot