Man arrested after two people injured in Dagenham
A man was stabbed and a woman suffered head injuries at an address in Dagenham over the weekend.
Police and ambulance crews attended the home just before 5pm on Saturday, where they found the wounded pair. The man and woman, whose injuries were not life-threatening, were both taken to hospital by ambulance, the man by air and the woman by road.
A man was arrested in connection with the incident.
Neighbour and former paramedic Tony Neve, 68, said: “I saw a man staggering out of his home and then he fell over on the ground. I went to help but police and paramedics were there soon after.
“It was pouring with rain so I held an umbrella over as they were treating him. There was quite a lot of blood. The man seemed in shock.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance landed in Pondfield Park.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham's Holocaust Memorial Day plans unveiled
- 8 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham