Man arrested after two people injured in Dagenham
A man was stabbed and a woman suffered head injuries at an address in Dagenham over the weekend.
Police and ambulance crews attended the home just before 5pm on Saturday, where they found the wounded pair. The man and woman, whose injuries were not life-threatening, were both taken to hospital by ambulance, the man by air and the woman by road.
A man was arrested in connection with the incident.
Neighbour and former paramedic Tony Neve, 68, said: “I saw a man staggering out of his home and then he fell over on the ground. I went to help but police and paramedics were there soon after.
“It was pouring with rain so I held an umbrella over as they were treating him. There was quite a lot of blood. The man seemed in shock.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance landed in Pondfield Park.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils