Police seize £250k worth of phones, iPads and cash from Barking office
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized around £250,000 worth of items – including hundreds of iPads and iPhones – and cash from an office in Barking.
Officers from the Met’s Proactive Money Laundering Team stopped and searched a 31-year-old man and his vehicle after they saw him enter an underground carpark at an office block on Wednesday, July 15.
They discovered a holdall which contained about 20 brand new iPhone 11 Pros.
The man was arrested for handling stolen goods.
Through enquiries, it became apparent that the man rented an office within the building he was stopped at.
After searching his office, police seized around £250,000 worth of stock, including 200 iPhones and iPads and £50,000 in cash.
The man has now been released under investigation.
- 1 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 4 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 5 Barking BikeFest comes to town
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 9 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 10 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.