Police seize £250k worth of phones, iPads and cash from Barking office
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized around £250,000 worth of items – including hundreds of iPads and iPhones – and cash from an office in Barking.
Officers from the Met’s Proactive Money Laundering Team stopped and searched a 31-year-old man and his vehicle after they saw him enter an underground carpark at an office block on Wednesday, July 15.
They discovered a holdall which contained about 20 brand new iPhone 11 Pros.
The man was arrested for handling stolen goods.
Through enquiries, it became apparent that the man rented an office within the building he was stopped at.
You may also want to watch:
After searching his office, police seized around £250,000 worth of stock, including 200 iPhones and iPads and £50,000 in cash.
The man has now been released under investigation.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 6 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.