Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Counter-terrorism police arrested a man at his home in east London this morning (February 25).
The 38-year-old is suspected of publishing and distributing "terrorist materials", according to the Metropolitan Police, who carried out the arrest.
His address is now being searched.
A Met spokesperson said:The arrest was made under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
"He was taken to a south London police station where he remains at this time.
You may also want to watch:
"Searches of the address are ongoing."
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences