Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Counter-terrorism police arrested a man at his home in east London this morning (February 25).
The 38-year-old is suspected of publishing and distributing "terrorist materials", according to the Metropolitan Police, who carried out the arrest.
His address is now being searched.
A Met spokesperson said:The arrest was made under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
"He was taken to a south London police station where he remains at this time.
You may also want to watch:
"Searches of the address are ongoing."
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets