Man arrested following fatal Barking hit and run collision
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man has been arrested following a fatal hit-and-run crash in Barking last night.
Police and ambulance crews were called to he junction of Longbridge Road and Wilmington Gardens at 8.05pm, where a female pedestrian in her fifties was found with serious injuries.
She was rushed to an east London hospital but died a short while later at about 9:20pm.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating to see whether more than one vehicle was involved in the incident – none of which stopped at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to trace the vehicle and driver involved.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection and taken to an east London police station for questioning.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
Police are urging all witnesses and anyone with information to call 101 quoting CAD 7343/1February or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know the victim and would like to pay tribute?
Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824.