Man arrested following fatal Barking hit and run collision
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man has been arrested following a fatal hit-and-run crash in Barking last night.
Police and ambulance crews were called to he junction of Longbridge Road and Wilmington Gardens at 8.05pm, where a female pedestrian in her fifties was found with serious injuries.
She was rushed to an east London hospital but died a short while later at about 9:20pm.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating to see whether more than one vehicle was involved in the incident – none of which stopped at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to trace the vehicle and driver involved.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection and taken to an east London police station for questioning.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
Police are urging all witnesses and anyone with information to call 101 quoting CAD 7343/1February or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know the victim and would like to pay tribute?
Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824.