Man arrested following fatal Barking hit and run collision
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man has been arrested following a fatal hit-and-run crash in Barking last night.
Police and ambulance crews were called to he junction of Longbridge Road and Wilmington Gardens at 8.05pm, where a female pedestrian in her fifties was found with serious injuries.
She was rushed to an east London hospital but died a short while later at about 9:20pm.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating to see whether more than one vehicle was involved in the incident – none of which stopped at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to trace the vehicle and driver involved.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection and taken to an east London police station for questioning.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 9 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
Police are urging all witnesses and anyone with information to call 101 quoting CAD 7343/1February or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you know the victim and would like to pay tribute?
Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824.