Man arrested for Dagenham New Year’s Day hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a hit and run on Dagenham Heathway in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
The 20-year-old was arrested in Dagenham this afternoon for failing to stop at the scene of an accident and remains in custody in an east London police station.
A black Volkswagen Golf, believed to be involved in the collision, was also located at the address.
Police are continuing to appeal for information in relation to the incident which took place at about 3.20am and has left a 22-year-old man in a critical condition in hospital.
The car stopped at the scene and the white female driver along with three passengers got out to check on the pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
The woman is seen on CCTV footage to sit with the injured man for a moment before getting in the car with the passengers and driving off at speed toward Wood Lane.
Detective Constable Paul Slaymaker, of Barking and Dagenham police, has urged witnesses to come forward.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
Anyone with information is asked to call Barking and Dagenham CID on 0203 276 1047, the police non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.