Man arrested for Dagenham New Year’s Day hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a hit and run on Dagenham Heathway in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
The 20-year-old was arrested in Dagenham this afternoon for failing to stop at the scene of an accident and remains in custody in an east London police station.
A black Volkswagen Golf, believed to be involved in the collision, was also located at the address.
Police are continuing to appeal for information in relation to the incident which took place at about 3.20am and has left a 22-year-old man in a critical condition in hospital.
The car stopped at the scene and the white female driver along with three passengers got out to check on the pedestrian.
The woman is seen on CCTV footage to sit with the injured man for a moment before getting in the car with the passengers and driving off at speed toward Wood Lane.
Detective Constable Paul Slaymaker, of Barking and Dagenham police, has urged witnesses to come forward.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 7 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 8 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Anyone with information is asked to call Barking and Dagenham CID on 0203 276 1047, the police non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.