Man arrested for Dagenham New Year’s Day hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a hit and run on Dagenham Heathway in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
The 20-year-old was arrested in Dagenham this afternoon for failing to stop at the scene of an accident and remains in custody in an east London police station.
A black Volkswagen Golf, believed to be involved in the collision, was also located at the address.
Police are continuing to appeal for information in relation to the incident which took place at about 3.20am and has left a 22-year-old man in a critical condition in hospital.
The car stopped at the scene and the white female driver along with three passengers got out to check on the pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
The woman is seen on CCTV footage to sit with the injured man for a moment before getting in the car with the passengers and driving off at speed toward Wood Lane.
Detective Constable Paul Slaymaker, of Barking and Dagenham police, has urged witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
Anyone with information is asked to call Barking and Dagenham CID on 0203 276 1047, the police non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.