Man arrested for Dagenham New Year’s Day hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a hit and run on Dagenham Heathway in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
The 20-year-old was arrested in Dagenham this afternoon for failing to stop at the scene of an accident and remains in custody in an east London police station.
A black Volkswagen Golf, believed to be involved in the collision, was also located at the address.
Police are continuing to appeal for information in relation to the incident which took place at about 3.20am and has left a 22-year-old man in a critical condition in hospital.
The car stopped at the scene and the white female driver along with three passengers got out to check on the pedestrian.
The woman is seen on CCTV footage to sit with the injured man for a moment before getting in the car with the passengers and driving off at speed toward Wood Lane.
Detective Constable Paul Slaymaker, of Barking and Dagenham police, has urged witnesses to come forward.
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
Anyone with information is asked to call Barking and Dagenham CID on 0203 276 1047, the police non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.