Woman fighting for her life after being stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life after being found with stab wounds in Chadwell Heath.
Police were called to the High Road at about 8.20pm last night (Sunday), near the junction of Lee Avenue and Mill Lane.
They’d been called to reports of an argument between a man and woman at a residential property.
They found a woman, thought to be in her 30s, in the street with a number of stab wounds.
She was treated by paramedics and taken to an east London hospital. Her injuries are believed to be life-threatening, and her condition is critical but stable.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesman said: “A man, in his 30s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder. He has been taken into custody at an east London police station.”
On Twitter, Barking and Dagenham MPS said a crime scene had been put in place outside New Enterprise House in Mill Lane.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking