Woman fighting for her life after being stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life after being found with stab wounds in Chadwell Heath.
Police were called to the High Road at about 8.20pm last night (Sunday), near the junction of Lee Avenue and Mill Lane.
They’d been called to reports of an argument between a man and woman at a residential property.
They found a woman, thought to be in her 30s, in the street with a number of stab wounds.
She was treated by paramedics and taken to an east London hospital. Her injuries are believed to be life-threatening, and her condition is critical but stable.
A Met Police spokesman said: “A man, in his 30s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder. He has been taken into custody at an east London police station.”
On Twitter, Barking and Dagenham MPS said a crime scene had been put in place outside New Enterprise House in Mill Lane.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 3 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 4 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 10 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London