Man arrested over Barking warehouse death
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man has been arrested in connection with a death at a Barking warehouse.
Marian Iancu, a 39-year-old Romanian national living in Leyton, was crushed while operating machinery at a warehouse in Renwick Road on Monday, November 16 last year.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and an inquest into his death was opened and adjourned later that month.
A 30-year-old man was arrested in Barking yesterday on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence.
He was taken to an east London police station and released on bail until June.
You may also want to watch:
The homicide and major crime command is continuing to make enquiries into Mr Iancu’s death, along with Barking and Dagenham Council who are making health and safety enquiries.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets