Man arrested over Barking warehouse death
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man has been arrested in connection with a death at a Barking warehouse.
Marian Iancu, a 39-year-old Romanian national living in Leyton, was crushed while operating machinery at a warehouse in Renwick Road on Monday, November 16 last year.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and an inquest into his death was opened and adjourned later that month.
A 30-year-old man was arrested in Barking yesterday on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence.
He was taken to an east London police station and released on bail until June.
You may also want to watch:
The homicide and major crime command is continuing to make enquiries into Mr Iancu’s death, along with Barking and Dagenham Council who are making health and safety enquiries.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'