Dagenham man charged with burglary and blackmail
- Credit: Google Maps
A man from Dagenham has appeared in court charged with burglary and blackmail.
Jay Waite, 25, of Woodshire Road, appeared at Basildon Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Thursday).
He was remanded in custody to appear at Basildon Crown Court on Thursday, May 30.
Waite was arrested after a report of blackmail on Monday, April 29, following a burglary in the Hutton area of Brentwood on Tuesday, April 23.
A 20-year-old from Dagenham also arrested on suspicion of blackmail has been released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for information and have asked people to call Brentwood CID on 101 quoting crime reference 42/63498/19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham