Dagenham man charged with burglary and blackmail
- Credit: Google Maps
A man from Dagenham has appeared in court charged with burglary and blackmail.
Jay Waite, 25, of Woodshire Road, appeared at Basildon Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Thursday).
He was remanded in custody to appear at Basildon Crown Court on Thursday, May 30.
Waite was arrested after a report of blackmail on Monday, April 29, following a burglary in the Hutton area of Brentwood on Tuesday, April 23.
A 20-year-old from Dagenham also arrested on suspicion of blackmail has been released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for information and have asked people to call Brentwood CID on 101 quoting crime reference 42/63498/19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites