Dagenham man charged with burglary and blackmail
- Credit: Google Maps
A man from Dagenham has appeared in court charged with burglary and blackmail.
Jay Waite, 25, of Woodshire Road, appeared at Basildon Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Thursday).
He was remanded in custody to appear at Basildon Crown Court on Thursday, May 30.
Waite was arrested after a report of blackmail on Monday, April 29, following a burglary in the Hutton area of Brentwood on Tuesday, April 23.
A 20-year-old from Dagenham also arrested on suspicion of blackmail has been released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for information and have asked people to call Brentwood CID on 101 quoting crime reference 42/63498/19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations