Dagenham man charged with murder of Bromley teenager
- Credit: Hampshire Police
A man from Dagenham has been charged with the murder of a Bromley teenager.
Taylor John Williams, 18, died in hospital after being found with stab wounds in a flat in Basingstoke on the evening of Saturday, August 31.
In addition to the murder charge, Olamide Soyege, of Mayswood Gardens, Dagenham, has also been charged with robbery, conspiracy to rob and possession of a bladed article.
The 28-year-old is due to appear at Basingstoke Magistrates' Court today (Thursday, September 5) alongside Paige Taylor, of St Michael's Road, Basingstoke. The 23-year-old has been charged with robbery and conspiracy to rob in connection with Mr Williams' death.
The teenager's family have paid tribute to him, saying: "Words cannot express the way we feel about losing a much loved son and brother.
You may also want to watch:
"Taylor was a charming, loving and funny young man with a large extended family who supported him throughout his years.
"Our Taylor has been taken from us in such a heartbreaking, devastating way but our faith in God is such that we know the Lord will find a way to turn this tragic incident into something positive.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
"We love you Taylor. Sleep in eternal peace."