Man charged with Qingqing Rao stabbing in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A gardener has been charged with a violent stabbing in Dagenham that has left a woman fighting for her life.
Barry Peacham, 26, is accused of the attempted murder of Qingqing Rao who was attacked in Castle Green, on February 13.
Mrs Rao, a 29-year-old business analyst in the City, remains in a critical condition after she was stabbed in the head.
Peacham, of no fixed address, is also charged with robbing a woman in Castle Green two days before Mrs Rao was attacked, and also faces two counts of possessing a bladed article.
A 29-year-old woman was arrested alongside Peacham on suspicion of attempted murder and robbery.
You may also want to watch:
She has been bailed to return to a police station next month.
Peacham will appear before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 5 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 6 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 9 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 10 Blood donors needed for Covid study as Barking centre set to open