Man charged with Qingqing Rao stabbing in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A gardener has been charged with a violent stabbing in Dagenham that has left a woman fighting for her life.
Barry Peacham, 26, is accused of the attempted murder of Qingqing Rao who was attacked in Castle Green, on February 13.
Mrs Rao, a 29-year-old business analyst in the City, remains in a critical condition after she was stabbed in the head.
Peacham, of no fixed address, is also charged with robbing a woman in Castle Green two days before Mrs Rao was attacked, and also faces two counts of possessing a bladed article.
A 29-year-old woman was arrested alongside Peacham on suspicion of attempted murder and robbery.
You may also want to watch:
She has been bailed to return to a police station next month.
Peacham will appear before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London