Man charged with the Ilford murder of Barking man Sandel Serbu
- Credit: UKNIP
A man has been charged with the murder of a 36-year-old from Barking who was beaten to death in Ilford.
Ionut Vasile, 27, is accused of killing Sandel Serbu who was attacked in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday, 12 November.
Sandel, a Romanian national who recently moved to the UK, was found suffering from critical injuries at around 2.50am.
He later died in hospital.
Mr Vasile will appear before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 43-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday has been released under investigation.
A second man, aged 27, who was arrested last week, has been released with no further action to be taken.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 8 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham