Man charged with the Ilford murder of Barking man Sandel Serbu
- Credit: UKNIP
A man has been charged with the murder of a 36-year-old from Barking who was beaten to death in Ilford.
Ionut Vasile, 27, is accused of killing Sandel Serbu who was attacked in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday, 12 November.
Sandel, a Romanian national who recently moved to the UK, was found suffering from critical injuries at around 2.50am.
He later died in hospital.
Mr Vasile will appear before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 43-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday has been released under investigation.
A second man, aged 27, who was arrested last week, has been released with no further action to be taken.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?