Man charged with the Ilford murder of Barking man Sandel Serbu
- Credit: UKNIP
A man has been charged with the murder of a 36-year-old from Barking who was beaten to death in Ilford.
Ionut Vasile, 27, is accused of killing Sandel Serbu who was attacked in High Road, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday, 12 November.
Sandel, a Romanian national who recently moved to the UK, was found suffering from critical injuries at around 2.50am.
He later died in hospital.
Mr Vasile will appear before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 43-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday has been released under investigation.
A second man, aged 27, who was arrested last week, has been released with no further action to be taken.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete