Man in critical condition after being hit with base of traffic cone in Barking
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man is in a critical condition after being hit with the base of a traffic cone in Barking.
Officers came across a fight in Station Approach at 8.30pm on Saturday, September 4, according to the Metropolitan Police.
During the disturbance, the base of a traffic cone was thrown, hitting the victim and causing him to fall to the ground.
Officers carried out first aid and the victim, who is aged in his 30s, was taken to hospital
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "The man is in a critical condition. There have been no arrests."
Enquiries are ongoing to identify who was involved, including the male who threw the object.
Any witnesses are asked to call 101, ref 6738/04sep. To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Dagenham landlord fined for unlawful eviction after secretly changing locks