Man in critical condition after being hit with base of traffic cone in Barking
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man is in a critical condition after being hit with the base of a traffic cone in Barking.
Officers came across a fight in Station Approach at 8.30pm on Saturday, September 4, according to the Metropolitan Police.
During the disturbance, the base of a traffic cone was thrown, hitting the victim and causing him to fall to the ground.
Officers carried out first aid and the victim, who is aged in his 30s, was taken to hospital
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "The man is in a critical condition. There have been no arrests."
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to identify who was involved, including the male who threw the object.
Any witnesses are asked to call 101, ref 6738/04sep. To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 4 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 5 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 9 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking