Man gets haircut then steals �1,000 from Barking barber shop
A customer at a Barking barber shop grabbed �1,000 in cash from a safe and ran off, shocked staff have told the Post.
The man had just paid for his haircut at Hot Shots barbers in Vicarage Field Shopping Centre at around 11am today, when he grabbed the cash from a unlocked safe and ran out of the shop, they said.
“He paid �11 for the cut and left a �1 tip. Then when one of the staff member’s back was turned he went for the money,” owner Dave Macpherson explained.
“Something like this has never happened before. The money was to pay for everyone’s wages, so now I have to find that money from somewhere else. I’m not very happy at the moment.”
The thief was described as white, 5ft 4ins and aged around 50. He was wearing a blue wind proof jacket and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Police confirmed the theft was reported and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information which could help officers find the suspect. Call 101.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 8 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters