Man gets haircut then steals �1,000 from Barking barber shop
A customer at a Barking barber shop grabbed �1,000 in cash from a safe and ran off, shocked staff have told the Post.
The man had just paid for his haircut at Hot Shots barbers in Vicarage Field Shopping Centre at around 11am today, when he grabbed the cash from a unlocked safe and ran out of the shop, they said.
“He paid �11 for the cut and left a �1 tip. Then when one of the staff member’s back was turned he went for the money,” owner Dave Macpherson explained.
“Something like this has never happened before. The money was to pay for everyone’s wages, so now I have to find that money from somewhere else. I’m not very happy at the moment.”
The thief was described as white, 5ft 4ins and aged around 50. He was wearing a blue wind proof jacket and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Police confirmed the theft was reported and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information which could help officers find the suspect. Call 101.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault