Man gets haircut then steals �1,000 from Barking barber shop
A customer at a Barking barber shop grabbed �1,000 in cash from a safe and ran off, shocked staff have told the Post.
The man had just paid for his haircut at Hot Shots barbers in Vicarage Field Shopping Centre at around 11am today, when he grabbed the cash from a unlocked safe and ran out of the shop, they said.
“He paid �11 for the cut and left a �1 tip. Then when one of the staff member’s back was turned he went for the money,” owner Dave Macpherson explained.
“Something like this has never happened before. The money was to pay for everyone’s wages, so now I have to find that money from somewhere else. I’m not very happy at the moment.”
The thief was described as white, 5ft 4ins and aged around 50. He was wearing a blue wind proof jacket and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Police confirmed the theft was reported and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information which could help officers find the suspect. Call 101.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 9 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils