Man gets haircut then steals �1,000 from Barking barber shop
A customer at a Barking barber shop grabbed �1,000 in cash from a safe and ran off, shocked staff have told the Post.
The man had just paid for his haircut at Hot Shots barbers in Vicarage Field Shopping Centre at around 11am today, when he grabbed the cash from a unlocked safe and ran out of the shop, they said.
“He paid �11 for the cut and left a �1 tip. Then when one of the staff member’s back was turned he went for the money,” owner Dave Macpherson explained.
“Something like this has never happened before. The money was to pay for everyone’s wages, so now I have to find that money from somewhere else. I’m not very happy at the moment.”
The thief was described as white, 5ft 4ins and aged around 50. He was wearing a blue wind proof jacket and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Police confirmed the theft was reported and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information which could help officers find the suspect. Call 101.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 10 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat