Man injured in ‘acid attack’ during attempted robbery in Barking
- Credit: Google
A man has been rushed to hospital after a suspected acid attack during an attempted robbery in Barking.
Police and paramedics were called to Creek Road at around 1pm, where they found a male who appeared to have suffered effects of inhaling fumes.
Officers are awaiting an update on his condition, believed to have been sustained by acid thrown on his face.
They think two men entered the commercial premises in an attempt to commit a robbery.
The pair, described as black men in their 40s, reportedly attacked the victim and made off in a metallic coloured vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
One is said to have worn a dark cap, sunglasses, a navy jacket, gloves, dark coloured bottoms and trainers; the other a dark coloured woollen hat, navy bottoms, a dark long-sleeved top, gloves and black trainers.
Police ask anyone with information to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds