Man injured in ‘acid attack’ during attempted robbery in Barking
- Credit: Google
A man has been rushed to hospital after a suspected acid attack during an attempted robbery in Barking.
Police and paramedics were called to Creek Road at around 1pm, where they found a male who appeared to have suffered effects of inhaling fumes.
Officers are awaiting an update on his condition, believed to have been sustained by acid thrown on his face.
They think two men entered the commercial premises in an attempt to commit a robbery.
The pair, described as black men in their 40s, reportedly attacked the victim and made off in a metallic coloured vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
One is said to have worn a dark cap, sunglasses, a navy jacket, gloves, dark coloured bottoms and trainers; the other a dark coloured woollen hat, navy bottoms, a dark long-sleeved top, gloves and black trainers.
Police ask anyone with information to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.