Man injured in ‘acid attack’ during attempted robbery in Barking
- Credit: Google
A man has been rushed to hospital after a suspected acid attack during an attempted robbery in Barking.
Police and paramedics were called to Creek Road at around 1pm, where they found a male who appeared to have suffered effects of inhaling fumes.
Officers are awaiting an update on his condition, believed to have been sustained by acid thrown on his face.
They think two men entered the commercial premises in an attempt to commit a robbery.
The pair, described as black men in their 40s, reportedly attacked the victim and made off in a metallic coloured vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
One is said to have worn a dark cap, sunglasses, a navy jacket, gloves, dark coloured bottoms and trainers; the other a dark coloured woollen hat, navy bottoms, a dark long-sleeved top, gloves and black trainers.
Police ask anyone with information to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall