Man in Dagenham burglary spree is jailed
A BURGLAR who broke into five Dagenham homes in one day has been jailed.
Tunde Alaba was sentenced to 15 months in prison after pleading guilty to two burglaries and three attempted burglaries at Snaresbrook Crown Court on November 4.
On June 24 Alaba broke in to two houses in Linkway and Becontree Avenue and tried to gain entry into three homes in Fieldway.
He was arrested on the scene after a resident caught him in the act and called police.
Officers found a bag full of stolen items which he had dropped nearby and his car also contained stolen property.
You may also want to watch:
DC Nainesh Desai, who investigated the case, said: “I’m delighted with the sentence passed by the court and would like to commend PC’s Pridige and Khan for their quick thinking and fast actions.
“But for their swift reactions this burglar could still be free to prey on an unsuspecting public.”
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “I am incredibly proud of all my officers and staff and the efforts they make to keep Barking and Dagenham safe. Their quick response and common sense policing approach together with a top quality investigation resulted in the arrest and conviction of a serious criminal.”