Man in Dagenham burglary spree is jailed
A BURGLAR who broke into five Dagenham homes in one day has been jailed.
Tunde Alaba was sentenced to 15 months in prison after pleading guilty to two burglaries and three attempted burglaries at Snaresbrook Crown Court on November 4.
On June 24 Alaba broke in to two houses in Linkway and Becontree Avenue and tried to gain entry into three homes in Fieldway.
He was arrested on the scene after a resident caught him in the act and called police.
Officers found a bag full of stolen items which he had dropped nearby and his car also contained stolen property.
You may also want to watch:
DC Nainesh Desai, who investigated the case, said: “I’m delighted with the sentence passed by the court and would like to commend PC’s Pridige and Khan for their quick thinking and fast actions.
“But for their swift reactions this burglar could still be free to prey on an unsuspecting public.”
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “I am incredibly proud of all my officers and staff and the efforts they make to keep Barking and Dagenham safe. Their quick response and common sense policing approach together with a top quality investigation resulted in the arrest and conviction of a serious criminal.”