Man in Dagenham burglary spree is jailed
A BURGLAR who broke into five Dagenham homes in one day has been jailed.
Tunde Alaba was sentenced to 15 months in prison after pleading guilty to two burglaries and three attempted burglaries at Snaresbrook Crown Court on November 4.
On June 24 Alaba broke in to two houses in Linkway and Becontree Avenue and tried to gain entry into three homes in Fieldway.
He was arrested on the scene after a resident caught him in the act and called police.
Officers found a bag full of stolen items which he had dropped nearby and his car also contained stolen property.
You may also want to watch:
DC Nainesh Desai, who investigated the case, said: “I’m delighted with the sentence passed by the court and would like to commend PC’s Pridige and Khan for their quick thinking and fast actions.
“But for their swift reactions this burglar could still be free to prey on an unsuspecting public.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Ban on antisocial behaviour around Dagenham Heathway station extended
- 3 Timeline: When false widow spiders have come to east London
- 4 NHS trust to run online consultations on new clinical strategy
- 5 Former Ford apprentices reunite at college - some after nearly five decades
- 6 Ex-footballer, Ford strike leader and Iranian embassy siege cop awarded Barking and Dagenham's highest accolade
- 7 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 8 Domestic abuse support hub opens in Barking
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “I am incredibly proud of all my officers and staff and the efforts they make to keep Barking and Dagenham safe. Their quick response and common sense policing approach together with a top quality investigation resulted in the arrest and conviction of a serious criminal.”