Man in Dagenham burglary spree is jailed
A BURGLAR who broke into five Dagenham homes in one day has been jailed.
Tunde Alaba was sentenced to 15 months in prison after pleading guilty to two burglaries and three attempted burglaries at Snaresbrook Crown Court on November 4.
On June 24 Alaba broke in to two houses in Linkway and Becontree Avenue and tried to gain entry into three homes in Fieldway.
He was arrested on the scene after a resident caught him in the act and called police.
Officers found a bag full of stolen items which he had dropped nearby and his car also contained stolen property.
You may also want to watch:
DC Nainesh Desai, who investigated the case, said: “I’m delighted with the sentence passed by the court and would like to commend PC’s Pridige and Khan for their quick thinking and fast actions.
“But for their swift reactions this burglar could still be free to prey on an unsuspecting public.”
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 4 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 5 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 6 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “I am incredibly proud of all my officers and staff and the efforts they make to keep Barking and Dagenham safe. Their quick response and common sense policing approach together with a top quality investigation resulted in the arrest and conviction of a serious criminal.”