Man in wheelchair taken to Dagenham footbridge and robbed
- Credit: Archant
A wheelchair-bound man with short-term memory loss was lured to Dagenham, robbed and left on a footbridge.
Two suspects befriended the 24-year-old victim in London on April 21 and asked him to come with them to visit a friend.
The three took a tube to Dagenham Heathway and headed to Blackborne Road, where the suspects helped the victim, who lives in Surrey, onto Blackborne Road footbridge at around 9.30pm.
Once on the footbridge the man was robbed of his mobile phone and his wallet. The thieves then ran off leaving the victim trapped.
Police want to talk to the men pictured in the CCTV stills in connection with the theft.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can identify them or has information about the incident should call Det Con Damian Jones of Barking and Dagenham CID on 0203 276 1045 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5106815/13.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?