Man in wheelchair taken to Dagenham footbridge and robbed
- Credit: Archant
A wheelchair-bound man with short-term memory loss was lured to Dagenham, robbed and left on a footbridge.
Two suspects befriended the 24-year-old victim in London on April 21 and asked him to come with them to visit a friend.
The three took a tube to Dagenham Heathway and headed to Blackborne Road, where the suspects helped the victim, who lives in Surrey, onto Blackborne Road footbridge at around 9.30pm.
Once on the footbridge the man was robbed of his mobile phone and his wallet. The thieves then ran off leaving the victim trapped.
Police want to talk to the men pictured in the CCTV stills in connection with the theft.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can identify them or has information about the incident should call Det Con Damian Jones of Barking and Dagenham CID on 0203 276 1045 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 5106815/13.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars