Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- Credit: British Transport Police
A Dagenham man who pressed his groin against a pregnant woman on the Tube has been jailed and handed a sexual harm prevention order (SHPO).
The victim boarded a Victoria Line train at Green Park Station at 6.30pm on March 25 and immediately felt Zane Donovan press up against her from behind for around 20 seconds.
When she challenged him, the 25-year-old reportedly responded with “How do you want me to stand? I got no space," before alighting at Victoria station.
Donovan, of White Gardens, was sentenced at Inner London Crown Court on June 22 after pleading guilty to sexual assault.
He was jailed for 41 weeks, ordered to sign the sex offenders register for 10 years and given a five-year SHPO, prohibiting him from attempting to speak to any female he doesn’t know in a public place.
British Transport Police Det Con Brittany Armstrong described the incident as "particularly alarming and distressing for the victim".
“Some people may not consider pressing a sexual offence, or serious enough to report especially in a crowded environment; however in the eyes of the law this is sexual assault," she said.
- 1 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
- 6 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 7 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 8 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
- 9 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
"I’m pleased to see Donovan behind bars for such inappropriate behaviour."