Jailed: Man who spat at police officers and told them he had coronavirus
- Credit: Met Police
A man who spat at police officers and told them he had coronavirus has been jailed for six months.
Brandon Wallace - who was later confirmed not to have Covid-19 or any symptoms - spat at the officers when they arrested him in Barking on Monday, April 20 on suspicion of domestic assault and criminal damage.
After spitting at the officers as they put him into a police van, the 21-year-old was further arrested for assault on emergency workers.
Wallace, of no fixed address, was charged the same day and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, April 21.
He pleaded guilty to assaulting the woman, criminal damage and assault of emergency workers, and was jailed for six months.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Alexis Manley, of East Area, said: ““It says much about the attitude of this man that, in addition to targeting somebody close to him, he was also willing to make false claims about Covid 19 and to spit at officers.
“I hope he spends his period in prison to reflect on his behaviour, and that his prison sentence sends a message to others who are willing to commit domestic offences and to target police officers whose job it is to protect Londoners.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham