Jailed: Man who spat at police officers and told them he had coronavirus
- Credit: Met Police
A man who spat at police officers and told them he had coronavirus has been jailed for six months.
Brandon Wallace - who was later confirmed not to have Covid-19 or any symptoms - spat at the officers when they arrested him in Barking on Monday, April 20 on suspicion of domestic assault and criminal damage.
After spitting at the officers as they put him into a police van, the 21-year-old was further arrested for assault on emergency workers.
Wallace, of no fixed address, was charged the same day and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, April 21.
He pleaded guilty to assaulting the woman, criminal damage and assault of emergency workers, and was jailed for six months.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Alexis Manley, of East Area, said: ““It says much about the attitude of this man that, in addition to targeting somebody close to him, he was also willing to make false claims about Covid 19 and to spit at officers.
“I hope he spends his period in prison to reflect on his behaviour, and that his prison sentence sends a message to others who are willing to commit domestic offences and to target police officers whose job it is to protect Londoners.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters