Man killed in triple stabbing in Barking is said to be local shop worker
- Credit: Archant
A man who was stabbed to death in Barking this morning is claimed to be a worker at a local shop.
The victim, who is in his 20s, was found on the pavement in Movers Lane at 1am by police who were called to the scene.
Two other men, who are said to be his work colleagues, were also stabbed and are recovering in hospital.
A local, who asked not be named, told the Post the three men were ambushed as they left the shop by a group of men who had been waiting for them.
They said: “They initially locked themselves in, but then they tried to make a run for it and they were fighting with the gang in the streets.
“They then ran off up the road and the three men were left lying on the street.”
The Met have not been able to confirm the reports at this stage.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 7 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 8 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
A large cordon is in place around the crime scene - Movers Lane, Ripple Road and a number of surrounding roads are currently closed to traffic.
Police are appealing for information - if you saw anything or were around Ripple Road at 1am then call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.