Man killed in triple stabbing in Barking is said to be local shop worker
- Credit: Archant
A man who was stabbed to death in Barking this morning is claimed to be a worker at a local shop.
The victim, who is in his 20s, was found on the pavement in Movers Lane at 1am by police who were called to the scene.
Two other men, who are said to be his work colleagues, were also stabbed and are recovering in hospital.
A local, who asked not be named, told the Post the three men were ambushed as they left the shop by a group of men who had been waiting for them.
They said: “They initially locked themselves in, but then they tried to make a run for it and they were fighting with the gang in the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“They then ran off up the road and the three men were left lying on the street.”
The Met have not been able to confirm the reports at this stage.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
A large cordon is in place around the crime scene - Movers Lane, Ripple Road and a number of surrounding roads are currently closed to traffic.
Police are appealing for information - if you saw anything or were around Ripple Road at 1am then call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.