Man led to safety by fire crew after cooking incident in Bateman Close, Barking

A man was led to safety by firefighters after a unattended pot on a hot stove caused a flat to fill with smoke.

Crews attended the incident at the flat in Bateman Close at 3.21am last Wednesday.

The resident, who was helped out of his home by crew, was treated for slight smoke inhalation.

There was no damage to the property, said a Dagenham fire station spokesperson.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter