Man quizzed over ‘Nazi flag’ display in Barking is released without charge
A man arrested on suspicion of inciting racial hatred after a Nazi flag was apparently displayed at a block of flats has been released without charge.
The 54-year-old was quizzed after the large Swastika flag was spotted in a window at a block on the Gascoigne Estate in Barking in May this year.
Officers removed the flag on May 16. He was questioned by officers but police said today it had been decided not to bring charges against him.
A Met police spokesman told the Post: “Following consideration by the Crown Prosecution Service, a decision was made on July 23 to take no further action in this matter.”