Man shot in Green Lane released from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man who was shot yesterday morning has just been discharged from hospital.
Police confirmed that the man in his 50s, who was in a “critical condition” following what police believed was a drive-by shooting, was well enough to leave hospital this afternoon.
Trident officers have launched an investigation into the incident in Green Lane after police were alerted to the shooting at 5.49am.
Officers cordoned off Green Lane between Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, and Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for the rest of the morning.
A police statement said: “Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances and officers retain an open mind as to any motive at this early stage.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Police are urging anyone with information to call Trident officers on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org