Man shot in Green Lane released from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man who was shot yesterday morning has just been discharged from hospital.
Police confirmed that the man in his 50s, who was in a “critical condition” following what police believed was a drive-by shooting, was well enough to leave hospital this afternoon.
Trident officers have launched an investigation into the incident in Green Lane after police were alerted to the shooting at 5.49am.
Officers cordoned off Green Lane between Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, and Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for the rest of the morning.
A police statement said: “Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances and officers retain an open mind as to any motive at this early stage.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Police are urging anyone with information to call Trident officers on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org