Man shot in Green Lane released from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man who was shot yesterday morning has just been discharged from hospital.
Police confirmed that the man in his 50s, who was in a “critical condition” following what police believed was a drive-by shooting, was well enough to leave hospital this afternoon.
Trident officers have launched an investigation into the incident in Green Lane after police were alerted to the shooting at 5.49am.
Officers cordoned off Green Lane between Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, and Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for the rest of the morning.
A police statement said: “Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances and officers retain an open mind as to any motive at this early stage.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Police are urging anyone with information to call Trident officers on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org