Man shot in Green Lane released from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man who was shot yesterday morning has just been discharged from hospital.
Police confirmed that the man in his 50s, who was in a “critical condition” following what police believed was a drive-by shooting, was well enough to leave hospital this afternoon.
Trident officers have launched an investigation into the incident in Green Lane after police were alerted to the shooting at 5.49am.
Officers cordoned off Green Lane between Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, and Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for the rest of the morning.
A police statement said: “Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances and officers retain an open mind as to any motive at this early stage.”
No arrests have been made.
Police are urging anyone with information to call Trident officers on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org