Man shot several times in Dagenham
- Credit: Ken Mears
A man has been shot several times inside a block of flats in Dagenham.
Armed police are currently at the scene of the shooting in Hawkell House in Gosfield Road.
The victim has been rushed to hospital with ‘life-changing’ injuries.
Police were called to the block shortly after 1.30pm today (Thursday) to reports of shots being fired.
Two minutes later, they were called to an east London hospital where a man, in his 20s, presented himself with gunshot injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Although his injuries are said to be potentially life-changing, they are not believed to be life-threatening.
A crime scene is in place at Hawkwell House, and pupils attending nearby Robert Clack School’s upper site have been advised not to walk past the building on their way home.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
A 29-year-old man who attended hospital with the injured man has been arrested on suspicion of cultivaton of cannabis and taken to a police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD3895/21MAR or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.