Man shot several times in Dagenham
- Credit: Ken Mears
A man has been shot several times inside a block of flats in Dagenham.
Armed police are currently at the scene of the shooting in Hawkell House in Gosfield Road.
The victim has been rushed to hospital with ‘life-changing’ injuries.
Police were called to the block shortly after 1.30pm today (Thursday) to reports of shots being fired.
Two minutes later, they were called to an east London hospital where a man, in his 20s, presented himself with gunshot injuries.
Although his injuries are said to be potentially life-changing, they are not believed to be life-threatening.
A crime scene is in place at Hawkwell House, and pupils attending nearby Robert Clack School’s upper site have been advised not to walk past the building on their way home.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
A 29-year-old man who attended hospital with the injured man has been arrested on suspicion of cultivaton of cannabis and taken to a police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD3895/21MAR or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.