Man shot several times in Dagenham
- Credit: Ken Mears
A man has been shot several times inside a block of flats in Dagenham.
Armed police are currently at the scene of the shooting in Hawkell House in Gosfield Road.
The victim has been rushed to hospital with ‘life-changing’ injuries.
Police were called to the block shortly after 1.30pm today (Thursday) to reports of shots being fired.
Two minutes later, they were called to an east London hospital where a man, in his 20s, presented himself with gunshot injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Although his injuries are said to be potentially life-changing, they are not believed to be life-threatening.
A crime scene is in place at Hawkwell House, and pupils attending nearby Robert Clack School’s upper site have been advised not to walk past the building on their way home.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
A 29-year-old man who attended hospital with the injured man has been arrested on suspicion of cultivaton of cannabis and taken to a police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD3895/21MAR or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.