Man shot several times in Dagenham
- Credit: Ken Mears
A man has been shot several times inside a block of flats in Dagenham.
Armed police are currently at the scene of the shooting in Hawkell House in Gosfield Road.
The victim has been rushed to hospital with ‘life-changing’ injuries.
Police were called to the block shortly after 1.30pm today (Thursday) to reports of shots being fired.
Two minutes later, they were called to an east London hospital where a man, in his 20s, presented himself with gunshot injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Although his injuries are said to be potentially life-changing, they are not believed to be life-threatening.
A crime scene is in place at Hawkwell House, and pupils attending nearby Robert Clack School’s upper site have been advised not to walk past the building on their way home.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
A 29-year-old man who attended hospital with the injured man has been arrested on suspicion of cultivaton of cannabis and taken to a police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD3895/21MAR or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.