Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
A man is in a critical but stable condition after being shot in the face in Dagenham.
Police were called to Maplestead Road shortly after 6.25pm yesterday (April 29) to reports of the shooting.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found the man - aged in his 20s - with a gunshot injury to his face.
His condition is being treated as critical but stable; there have been no arrests at this stage.
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command (Trident) are investigating and their enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information or dashcam footage of the incident is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5778/29April.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 8 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012