Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
A man is in a critical but stable condition after being shot in the face in Dagenham.
Police were called to Maplestead Road shortly after 6.25pm yesterday (April 29) to reports of the shooting.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found the man - aged in his 20s - with a gunshot injury to his face.
His condition is being treated as critical but stable; there have been no arrests at this stage.
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command (Trident) are investigating and their enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information or dashcam footage of the incident is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5778/29April.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 8 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking