Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
A man is in a critical but stable condition after being shot in the face in Dagenham.
Police were called to Maplestead Road shortly after 6.25pm yesterday (April 29) to reports of the shooting.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found the man - aged in his 20s - with a gunshot injury to his face.
His condition is being treated as critical but stable; there have been no arrests at this stage.
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command (Trident) are investigating and their enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information or dashcam footage of the incident is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5778/29April.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hainault woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 8 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting
- 10 Vote: Should all restrictions be eased from June 21?