Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- Credit: MPS
A man is in a critical but stable condition after being shot in the face in Dagenham.
Police were called to Maplestead Road shortly after 6.25pm yesterday (April 29) to reports of the shooting.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found the man - aged in his 20s - with a gunshot injury to his face.
His condition is being treated as critical but stable; there have been no arrests at this stage.
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command (Trident) are investigating and their enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information or dashcam footage of the incident is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5778/29April.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week