Teenager shot in the neck in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a teenager was left with ‘possibly life-changing injuries’ after being shot in the neck on the Gascoigne estate.
Officers were called shortly after 9.45pm yesterday to reports that a 19-year-old attended hospital having received gunshot wounds to the neck.
They believe he was attacked on Gascoigne Road, Barking, at around 9.30pm, and are appealing for witnesses to the shooting.
The victim remains in a serious but stable condition in a east London hospital.
His injuries are not deemed to be life-threatening but possibly life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 7 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 9 Old boy Cheek downs Daggers
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears