Teenager shot in the neck in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a teenager was left with ‘possibly life-changing injuries’ after being shot in the neck on the Gascoigne estate.
Officers were called shortly after 9.45pm yesterday to reports that a 19-year-old attended hospital having received gunshot wounds to the neck.
They believe he was attacked on Gascoigne Road, Barking, at around 9.30pm, and are appealing for witnesses to the shooting.
The victim remains in a serious but stable condition in a east London hospital.
His injuries are not deemed to be life-threatening but possibly life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham