Man stabbed in legs at Barking station
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the legs at Barking station yesterday evening
The 28-year-old was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital but has since been discharged.
Det Insp Chris Neeson, who is leading the British Transport Police investigation, said he believed the incident began “with an altercation between three men in the booking hall, before the group moved to platform one where the assault took place”.
A train was taken out of service following the stabbing, which took place at around 10.45pm, and examined by specialist forensic officers.
No arrests have yet been made, and anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting E/B5 of 20/05/2015.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be passed anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham