Man stabbed in legs at Barking station
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the legs at Barking station yesterday evening
The 28-year-old was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital but has since been discharged.
Det Insp Chris Neeson, who is leading the British Transport Police investigation, said he believed the incident began “with an altercation between three men in the booking hall, before the group moved to platform one where the assault took place”.
A train was taken out of service following the stabbing, which took place at around 10.45pm, and examined by specialist forensic officers.
No arrests have yet been made, and anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting E/B5 of 20/05/2015.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be passed anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London