Man who sexually assaulted 14-year-old girl on the Tube believed to frequent Becontree area
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed their appeal for information after a 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on a Tube train.
The offender was travelling on a westbound District line train between Elm Park and West Ham when he attacked the teenager between 2.20pm and 2.30pm on October 1 last year. He later changed trains and alighted at Canning Town.
The ongoing investigation has led police to believe that the man frequents the Becontree area both day and night.
Investigating officer PC Ben Martin-Richmond said: “I am appealing specifically to people in the local area and anyone who uses Becontree station, as they may well be able to help identify the offender.
“A child was sexually assaulted on a Tube. This is completely unacceptable and something that nobody should have to experience.”
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise the man or have any information about the incident, call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, quoting reference number 323 07/12/16. You can also speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood