Man who sexually assaulted 14-year-old girl on the Tube believed to frequent Becontree area
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed their appeal for information after a 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on a Tube train.
The offender was travelling on a westbound District line train between Elm Park and West Ham when he attacked the teenager between 2.20pm and 2.30pm on October 1 last year. He later changed trains and alighted at Canning Town.
The ongoing investigation has led police to believe that the man frequents the Becontree area both day and night.
Investigating officer PC Ben Martin-Richmond said: “I am appealing specifically to people in the local area and anyone who uses Becontree station, as they may well be able to help identify the offender.
“A child was sexually assaulted on a Tube. This is completely unacceptable and something that nobody should have to experience.”
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise the man or have any information about the incident, call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, quoting reference number 323 07/12/16. You can also speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.