Man who sexually assaulted 14-year-old girl on the Tube believed to frequent Becontree area
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed their appeal for information after a 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on a Tube train.
The offender was travelling on a westbound District line train between Elm Park and West Ham when he attacked the teenager between 2.20pm and 2.30pm on October 1 last year. He later changed trains and alighted at Canning Town.
The ongoing investigation has led police to believe that the man frequents the Becontree area both day and night.
Investigating officer PC Ben Martin-Richmond said: “I am appealing specifically to people in the local area and anyone who uses Becontree station, as they may well be able to help identify the offender.
“A child was sexually assaulted on a Tube. This is completely unacceptable and something that nobody should have to experience.”
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise the man or have any information about the incident, call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, quoting reference number 323 07/12/16. You can also speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds