Jailed: Barking man who sexually assaulted teenager on bus
- Credit: Met Police
A Barking man who grabbed a teenager by the throat and sexually assaulted her on a bus has been jailed.
The 17-year-old was travelling on the upper deck of a 173 bus through Dagenham on Friday, May 24 when Samuel Stoica boarded.
He spoke to her before kissing her, grabbing her by the throat and touching her. The 23-year-old also exposed himself.
Stoica, of Ripple Road, was identified through CCTV footage and on Friday, July 19 he pleaded guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
He was jailed for 16 months and will be deported to Romania after he is released.
You may also want to watch:
The court also issued a sexual harm prevention order and Stoica will remain on the sex offenders' register for 10 years.
Det Con Teresa Moore, who led the investigation, said: "This was a particularly nasty assault on a young woman who was going about her business on the bus network.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
"The sentence sends out a clear message that such conduct will not be tolerated and will be dealt with robustly."