Jailed: Barking man who sexually assaulted teenager on bus
- Credit: Met Police
A Barking man who grabbed a teenager by the throat and sexually assaulted her on a bus has been jailed.
The 17-year-old was travelling on the upper deck of a 173 bus through Dagenham on Friday, May 24 when Samuel Stoica boarded.
He spoke to her before kissing her, grabbing her by the throat and touching her. The 23-year-old also exposed himself.
Stoica, of Ripple Road, was identified through CCTV footage and on Friday, July 19 he pleaded guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
He was jailed for 16 months and will be deported to Romania after he is released.
The court also issued a sexual harm prevention order and Stoica will remain on the sex offenders' register for 10 years.
Det Con Teresa Moore, who led the investigation, said: "This was a particularly nasty assault on a young woman who was going about her business on the bus network.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 3 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
"The sentence sends out a clear message that such conduct will not be tolerated and will be dealt with robustly."