Jailed: Barking man who sexually assaulted teenager on bus
- Credit: Met Police
A Barking man who grabbed a teenager by the throat and sexually assaulted her on a bus has been jailed.
The 17-year-old was travelling on the upper deck of a 173 bus through Dagenham on Friday, May 24 when Samuel Stoica boarded.
He spoke to her before kissing her, grabbing her by the throat and touching her. The 23-year-old also exposed himself.
Stoica, of Ripple Road, was identified through CCTV footage and on Friday, July 19 he pleaded guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
He was jailed for 16 months and will be deported to Romania after he is released.
The court also issued a sexual harm prevention order and Stoica will remain on the sex offenders' register for 10 years.
Det Con Teresa Moore, who led the investigation, said: "This was a particularly nasty assault on a young woman who was going about her business on the bus network.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
"The sentence sends out a clear message that such conduct will not be tolerated and will be dealt with robustly."