Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- Credit: Google Maps
A man remains in critical condition after being assaulted at the Barking Asda on Saturday night.
At 11.59pm on June 18, police were called to reports of an assault inside a supermarket in Short Blue Place.
A member of the public assaulted two members of staff after reportedly gaining entry into the shop while it was closed.
Officers attended and found a man, believed to be aged in his 60s, suffering from a head injury.
He was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service crews where he remains in a critical condition.
A second man who was also assaulted did not suffer serious injuries.
Police arrested a 27-year-old man on suspicion of GBH at the scene.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 5 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Jailed: Man set woman's family home on fire after campaign of harassment
- 10 Dagenham man fined £15k for building a two-bed flat in his garden
He remains in custody.
Asda has been contacted for comment.