Men wanted after train passenger threatened and robbed
- Credit: Archant
These men are wanted for questioning after a train passenger was threatened with his life and robbed of a ten pound note.
The 28-year-old male victim had just boarded a c2c train at Grays with two other men when another man approached him, and threatened to kill him if he didn’t hand over his mobile phone.
The suspect and another man told him they had guns and knives, although did not show any weapons.
DC Jon Howlett, the British Transport Police (BTP) investigating officer, said: “The victim refused to hand over his phone, but offered over a ten pound note, which the two men snatched from his wallet.
“They then left the train as it arrived at Rainham station, before boarding a train headed for Grays.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers have since spoken to witnesses and have released CCTV images of two men they would like to speak to in connection with the robbery on January 9.
DC Howlett added: “This was a frightening experience for the victim, and, although these types of incidents are rare on the rail network, we take them extremely seriously.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
“I’d urge anyone who recognises the men to come forward and assist officers in the investigation.”
Anyone with information should call the BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, quoting background reference B13/LNA of 07/02/2013.