Men wanted after train passenger threatened and robbed
- Credit: Archant
These men are wanted for questioning after a train passenger was threatened with his life and robbed of a ten pound note.
The 28-year-old male victim had just boarded a c2c train at Grays with two other men when another man approached him, and threatened to kill him if he didn’t hand over his mobile phone.
The suspect and another man told him they had guns and knives, although did not show any weapons.
DC Jon Howlett, the British Transport Police (BTP) investigating officer, said: “The victim refused to hand over his phone, but offered over a ten pound note, which the two men snatched from his wallet.
“They then left the train as it arrived at Rainham station, before boarding a train headed for Grays.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers have since spoken to witnesses and have released CCTV images of two men they would like to speak to in connection with the robbery on January 9.
DC Howlett added: “This was a frightening experience for the victim, and, although these types of incidents are rare on the rail network, we take them extremely seriously.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 8 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 9 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 10 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
“I’d urge anyone who recognises the men to come forward and assist officers in the investigation.”
Anyone with information should call the BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, quoting background reference B13/LNA of 07/02/2013.