Missing girl found safe and well
A 13-year-old girl who went missing for a week – prompting her mother to make an emotional appeal to the public – has been found safe and well.
The concerned family of Jodi Mckeand, from Dagenham, had not seen or heard from the teenager since Tuesday last week.
Mother Karen Tungate, of Lynnett Road, contacted the POST this week and made a desperate plea for information on her whereabouts.
She said Jodi, who has lived with her older brother in Canning Town for the past two months, had gone missing before but only for a day or two.
But yesterday morning, shortly before we went to press, police confirmed she had been found at a friend’s home in Woodford.
You may also want to watch:
Jodi’s 27-year-old brother had contacted Newham Police last week after she failed to return from a friend’s house in Seven Kings on Tuesday evening.
According to Miss Tungate, the youngster did not answer her mobile phone or update her Facebook page, which she said was “very out of character” for her daughter.
- 1 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 2 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 7 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 8 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 9 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
The 47-year-old said she contacted a number of Jodi’s friends, all of whom apparently said they had no idea where she was.
Miss Tungate told the POST Jodi has been refusing to attend school for at least a year.
A Newham Police spokesperson said yesterday: “Jodi was found safe and well at a friend’s address in Woodford this morning.”