Missing girl found safe and well
A 13-year-old girl who went missing for a week – prompting her mother to make an emotional appeal to the public – has been found safe and well.
The concerned family of Jodi Mckeand, from Dagenham, had not seen or heard from the teenager since Tuesday last week.
Mother Karen Tungate, of Lynnett Road, contacted the POST this week and made a desperate plea for information on her whereabouts.
She said Jodi, who has lived with her older brother in Canning Town for the past two months, had gone missing before but only for a day or two.
But yesterday morning, shortly before we went to press, police confirmed she had been found at a friend’s home in Woodford.
Jodi’s 27-year-old brother had contacted Newham Police last week after she failed to return from a friend’s house in Seven Kings on Tuesday evening.
According to Miss Tungate, the youngster did not answer her mobile phone or update her Facebook page, which she said was “very out of character” for her daughter.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 4 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 6 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
- 7 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 8 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 10 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
The 47-year-old said she contacted a number of Jodi’s friends, all of whom apparently said they had no idea where she was.
Miss Tungate told the POST Jodi has been refusing to attend school for at least a year.
A Newham Police spokesperson said yesterday: “Jodi was found safe and well at a friend’s address in Woodford this morning.”