Moped rider targeted in suspected acid attack in Dagenham
A moped rider has been the victim of a possible acid attack in Dagenham - less than 24 hours after five similar incidents in Hackney and Islington.
The victim - a man aged in his 20s - was approached by two males on a moped who squirted what was described as a “noxious substance” at him in Ballards Road at around 5pm yesterday.
They attempted to steal his moped but were unsuccessful, and the victim was taken to hospital.
Police said he does not have lasting injuries and has been discharged.
There have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
The incident took place the day after five separate male victims were targeted by two moped-riding attackers.
Two of the assaults saw mopeds stolen, while another victim had “life-changing” injuries inflicted after being sprayed.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Margaret Hodge: 'This government has made a bleak winter certain'