Moped rider targeted in suspected acid attack in Dagenham
A moped rider has been the victim of a possible acid attack in Dagenham - less than 24 hours after five similar incidents in Hackney and Islington.
The victim - a man aged in his 20s - was approached by two males on a moped who squirted what was described as a “noxious substance” at him in Ballards Road at around 5pm yesterday.
They attempted to steal his moped but were unsuccessful, and the victim was taken to hospital.
Police said he does not have lasting injuries and has been discharged.
There have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
The incident took place the day after five separate male victims were targeted by two moped-riding attackers.
Two of the assaults saw mopeds stolen, while another victim had “life-changing” injuries inflicted after being sprayed.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets