Moped rider targeted in suspected acid attack in Dagenham
A moped rider has been the victim of a possible acid attack in Dagenham - less than 24 hours after five similar incidents in Hackney and Islington.
The victim - a man aged in his 20s - was approached by two males on a moped who squirted what was described as a “noxious substance” at him in Ballards Road at around 5pm yesterday.
They attempted to steal his moped but were unsuccessful, and the victim was taken to hospital.
Police said he does not have lasting injuries and has been discharged.
There have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
The incident took place the day after five separate male victims were targeted by two moped-riding attackers.
Two of the assaults saw mopeds stolen, while another victim had “life-changing” injuries inflicted after being sprayed.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers