More than 120 cannabis plants seized at suspected drugs factory in Barking
- Credit: Google
More than 120 cannabis plants have been seized from a suspected drugs factory in Barking.
Officers found two large bags of harvested cannabis, dozens of fully grown plants, equipment and a number of mobile phones during a raid at 8am yesterday at an address in Devon Road, the Met said.
“After forcing entry to the address we found that five of the rooms in the three-storey contained cannabis,” a police statement read.
Officers received multiple anonymous tips through charity Crimestoppers stating that the property was being used to grow and transport the drugs all over London, it added.
All plants and equipment have been removed from the premises.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from East Area Command are investigating with no arrests made so far.
Investigations using seized correspondence to find out the owners and residents at the address continue.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.