More than 120 cannabis plants seized at suspected drugs factory in Barking
- Credit: Google
More than 120 cannabis plants have been seized from a suspected drugs factory in Barking.
Officers found two large bags of harvested cannabis, dozens of fully grown plants, equipment and a number of mobile phones during a raid at 8am yesterday at an address in Devon Road, the Met said.
“After forcing entry to the address we found that five of the rooms in the three-storey contained cannabis,” a police statement read.
Officers received multiple anonymous tips through charity Crimestoppers stating that the property was being used to grow and transport the drugs all over London, it added.
All plants and equipment have been removed from the premises.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from East Area Command are investigating with no arrests made so far.
Investigations using seized correspondence to find out the owners and residents at the address continue.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood