More than 120 cannabis plants seized at suspected drugs factory in Barking
- Credit: Google
More than 120 cannabis plants have been seized from a suspected drugs factory in Barking.
Officers found two large bags of harvested cannabis, dozens of fully grown plants, equipment and a number of mobile phones during a raid at 8am yesterday at an address in Devon Road, the Met said.
“After forcing entry to the address we found that five of the rooms in the three-storey contained cannabis,” a police statement read.
Officers received multiple anonymous tips through charity Crimestoppers stating that the property was being used to grow and transport the drugs all over London, it added.
All plants and equipment have been removed from the premises.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from East Area Command are investigating with no arrests made so far.
Investigations using seized correspondence to find out the owners and residents at the address continue.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash