Most Wanted! Navestock farm gunman Francis O’Donoghue is now Essex Police ‘number one priority’
- Credit: Archant
A gunman who is wanted by police for the attempted murder of a professional boxer and his brother is still on the loose.
Francis O’Donoghue has been named Essex Police’s most wanted man after the shooting on a travellers’ site in Navestock, Essex, on Tuesday August 27.
Boxer Martin J Ward, 22, whose career began in the ring at Dagenham Boxing Club, was shot in the shoulder and his brother John was shot in the leg.
Both have been discharged from hospital and are recovering well.
O’Donoghue was at the site when the shooting took place and officers have been on the hunt for him for the past two weeks, expanding their search across London and the rest of the country.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the Met Police warned: “People should avoid any physical contact with him as he may be in possession of a handgun. However there is nothing to suggest that people in the wider community are at risk of being injured.”
Police described O’Donoghue as white, approximately 5ft 11, and of medium build.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
He has short brown hair and protruding ears and speaks with an Irish accent.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Essex Police on 101. If you see O’Donoghue or know his whereabouts call 999.