Most Wanted! Navestock farm gunman Francis O’Donoghue is now Essex Police ‘number one priority’
- Credit: Archant
A gunman who is wanted by police for the attempted murder of a professional boxer and his brother is still on the loose.
Francis O’Donoghue has been named Essex Police’s most wanted man after the shooting on a travellers’ site in Navestock, Essex, on Tuesday August 27.
Boxer Martin J Ward, 22, whose career began in the ring at Dagenham Boxing Club, was shot in the shoulder and his brother John was shot in the leg.
Both have been discharged from hospital and are recovering well.
O’Donoghue was at the site when the shooting took place and officers have been on the hunt for him for the past two weeks, expanding their search across London and the rest of the country.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the Met Police warned: “People should avoid any physical contact with him as he may be in possession of a handgun. However there is nothing to suggest that people in the wider community are at risk of being injured.”
Police described O’Donoghue as white, approximately 5ft 11, and of medium build.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 6 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
He has short brown hair and protruding ears and speaks with an Irish accent.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Essex Police on 101. If you see O’Donoghue or know his whereabouts call 999.