Motorbike taken from reckless rider in Dagenham park
A MOTORCYCLE being ridden illegally in Beam Valley Country Park was seized by police.
It was confiscated under Operation Reclaim by Sgt James Browning of the Safer Parks team.
The team increased patrols of Beam Valley after residents, park users and Village Ward councillor Lee Waker raised concerns about improper use of the park.
The bike was being ridden without insurance and in a dangerous manner, in a park that was being used by dog walkers and families.
“Safer Parks will maintain zero tolerance to the few who are spoiling the use of the parks for the many,” said Sgt Browning.
You may also want to watch:
The owner of the bike can only retrieve the vehicle by paying the fine, producing valid insurance and paying the storage fees incurred.
Sgt Browning said: “There are no off-road facilities in Barking & Dagenham.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
“Wherever possible we will seize any vehicles being ridden illegally or endangering park users.”