Motorcyclist, 20, dies after alleged hit and run in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Google
A 20-year-old motorcyclist died after a crash involving a car in an alleged hit and run in Chadwell Heath.
The Met says the driver and passenger in the car - a grey Audi TT - left the scene on foot and police are urgently trying to trace them.
Police were called to Hainault Road around 9.20pm on Friday, November 17 to reports of a car in collision with a motorcyclist.
The motorcycle rider later died from his injuries.
Police say the car involved has not been reported lost or stolen.
The crash was among four fatal collisions across London within a 24-hour period on Friday and yesterday (December 18), which led to the deaths of two pedestrians and two motorcyclists.
Another motorcyclist was also critically injured in a fifth crash.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 6 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 8 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 9 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 10 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
Anyone with information, dashcam footage or who saw the incident is asked to call police on 020 8597 4874, providing ref 7301/17dec.
To remain completely anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers via https://crimestoppers-uk.org/ or 0800 555 111.