Mum-of-two paying £200-a-week in cabs to get kids to Barking and Dagenham schools after car stolen
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two is paying out up to £200 a week on taxis to get her kids to school after her new car was stolen.
Georgina Walczyk, 27, said she has been calling cabs to get her children to class on time after her Ford Fiesta car was taken overnight on Wednesday, June 19, outside her home in Lambourne Road, Barking.
She bought the new vehicle, registration EA12 EEW, in April last year and used it daily to take her sons Alfie, 9, and Leon, 7, to school as well as drive her mum to her doctor’s surgery and hospital for regular treatment for a breathing condition.
The 27-year-old said: “It was such a shock. I didn’t know what to say.
“I never believed that a car could get stolen just like that. I don’t think the people that steal cars realise the impact it has on people’s lives.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m now paying up to £200 a week on taxis to get my kids to school.”
A police spokesperson said: “During the taking of the vehicle damage was done to the car door and the handle of the vehicle was found nearby where it was parked.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
Anyone with information should contact Barking and Dagenham Police on 101 quoting crime reference number 5110206/13 or by calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.