Mum-of-two paying £200-a-week in cabs to get kids to Barking and Dagenham schools after car stolen
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two is paying out up to £200 a week on taxis to get her kids to school after her new car was stolen.
Georgina Walczyk, 27, said she has been calling cabs to get her children to class on time after her Ford Fiesta car was taken overnight on Wednesday, June 19, outside her home in Lambourne Road, Barking.
She bought the new vehicle, registration EA12 EEW, in April last year and used it daily to take her sons Alfie, 9, and Leon, 7, to school as well as drive her mum to her doctor’s surgery and hospital for regular treatment for a breathing condition.
The 27-year-old said: “It was such a shock. I didn’t know what to say.
“I never believed that a car could get stolen just like that. I don’t think the people that steal cars realise the impact it has on people’s lives.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m now paying up to £200 a week on taxis to get my kids to school.”
A police spokesperson said: “During the taking of the vehicle damage was done to the car door and the handle of the vehicle was found nearby where it was parked.”
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 8 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 9 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
Anyone with information should contact Barking and Dagenham Police on 101 quoting crime reference number 5110206/13 or by calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.