Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- Credit: MPS
A man has been charged with murder following an assault in Goresbrook Road, Dagenham.
Airidas Janavicius, 38, of Burdetts Road, Dagenham, is due to appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday July 26.
He is charged with the murder of Marius Lakavicius, 44.
Police were called at about 11.55pm on Friday July 23 after a man was found suffering injuries in Goresbrook Road, Dagenham. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination took place at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary the day after his death and a provisional cause of death was recorded as head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
For updates on this story visit bdpost.co.uk and pick up a copy of the Barking and Dagenham Post newspaper on Wednesday.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers