Murder investigation after woman found unconscious in Dagenham dies three days later
- Credit: Archant
A woman who was found unconscious at a home in Dagenham has died in hospital three days later.
Police were called to Rutland Gardens shortly afte 1.30pm on Saturday where Gitana Matukeviciene, 50, was found with a number of injuries.
Ms Matujeviene, originally from Lithuania, was taken to Queen’s Hospital but was pronounced dead yesterday evening, having never regained consciousness.
Police arrested a 52-year-old man at the scene and on Monday, charged Dmitrij Platov, from Dagenham, with attempted murder.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, July 9.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have now launched a murder investigation but have not yet charged anyone in connection with Ms Matukeviciene’s death.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites