Murder investigation after woman found unconscious in Dagenham dies three days later
- Credit: Archant
A woman who was found unconscious at a home in Dagenham has died in hospital three days later.
Police were called to Rutland Gardens shortly afte 1.30pm on Saturday where Gitana Matukeviciene, 50, was found with a number of injuries.
Ms Matujeviene, originally from Lithuania, was taken to Queen’s Hospital but was pronounced dead yesterday evening, having never regained consciousness.
Police arrested a 52-year-old man at the scene and on Monday, charged Dmitrij Platov, from Dagenham, with attempted murder.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, July 9.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have now launched a murder investigation but have not yet charged anyone in connection with Ms Matukeviciene’s death.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Admissions open for new Barking school