Murder investigation after woman found unconscious in Dagenham dies three days later
- Credit: Archant
A woman who was found unconscious at a home in Dagenham has died in hospital three days later.
Police were called to Rutland Gardens shortly afte 1.30pm on Saturday where Gitana Matukeviciene, 50, was found with a number of injuries.
Ms Matujeviene, originally from Lithuania, was taken to Queen’s Hospital but was pronounced dead yesterday evening, having never regained consciousness.
Police arrested a 52-year-old man at the scene and on Monday, charged Dmitrij Platov, from Dagenham, with attempted murder.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, July 9.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have now launched a murder investigation but have not yet charged anyone in connection with Ms Matukeviciene’s death.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 7 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears