Murder investigation begins after man dies in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man died outside a block of flats.
Police were called after reports a man, 48, had collapsed outside Crispe House, in Dovehouse Mead, Barking at about 8.20pm on Wednesday.
He was taken to an east London hospital but died yesterday.
A 40-year-old man was arrested close to the scene before the death and charged with grievous bodily harm but has now been further arrested on suspicion of murder.
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification has yet to be made, while a post-mortem examination is set to be undertaken at Queen’s Hospital tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?