Murder investigation begins after man dies in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man died outside a block of flats.
Police were called after reports a man, 48, had collapsed outside Crispe House, in Dovehouse Mead, Barking at about 8.20pm on Wednesday.
He was taken to an east London hospital but died yesterday.
A 40-year-old man was arrested close to the scene before the death and charged with grievous bodily harm but has now been further arrested on suspicion of murder.
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification has yet to be made, while a post-mortem examination is set to be undertaken at Queen’s Hospital tomorrow.
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition