Murder investigation begins after man dies in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man died outside a block of flats.
Police were called after reports a man, 48, had collapsed outside Crispe House, in Dovehouse Mead, Barking at about 8.20pm on Wednesday.
He was taken to an east London hospital but died yesterday.
A 40-year-old man was arrested close to the scene before the death and charged with grievous bodily harm but has now been further arrested on suspicion of murder.
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification has yet to be made, while a post-mortem examination is set to be undertaken at Queen’s Hospital tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 10 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'