Murder investigation launched after man, 59, dies in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have made three arrests following the death of a 59-year-old man from Barking who had been assaulted.
The victim went to bed on March 25 and was found shaking in the morning with blood coming from his nose.
He was rushed to hospital just after midnight and he died in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Today police revealed they had launched a murder hunt and the victim’s home in Stern Close was being treated as a crime scene.
A 48-year-old man is in custody at North London police station, while two women, aged 34 and 51, were interviewed by detectives and released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
All were arrested on suspicion of murder.
A fourth man was arrested and taken to prison for failing to appear at court for a separate matter.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
A post-mortem was due to take place today and formal identification awaits.
Police are informing next-of-kin.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 7725/25MAR. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.