Murder investigation launched in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old woman has been arrested after a murder investigation was launched in Dagenham yesterday.
Police forced their way into a house in Wykeham Green, at 11.30am where they found the body of a man in his late 60s and launched an investigation.
The woman was arrested by the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command officers in Canturbury, Kent, at 6.40pm before transferring her to a south London police station where she remains in custody.
Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.
A post-mortem examination will be held at Queen’s Hospital tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have not been informed and enquiries continue.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods