Murder investigation launched in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old woman has been arrested after a murder investigation was launched in Dagenham yesterday.
Police forced their way into a house in Wykeham Green, at 11.30am where they found the body of a man in his late 60s and launched an investigation.
The woman was arrested by the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command officers in Canturbury, Kent, at 6.40pm before transferring her to a south London police station where she remains in custody.
Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.
A post-mortem examination will be held at Queen’s Hospital tomorrow.
Next of kin have not been informed and enquiries continue.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests