Murder investigation launched in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old woman has been arrested after a murder investigation was launched in Dagenham yesterday.
Police forced their way into a house in Wykeham Green, at 11.30am where they found the body of a man in his late 60s and launched an investigation.
The woman was arrested by the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command officers in Canturbury, Kent, at 6.40pm before transferring her to a south London police station where she remains in custody.
Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.
A post-mortem examination will be held at Queen’s Hospital tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have not been informed and enquiries continue.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears