Murder probe launched after Chadwell Heath stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a teenager was chased and stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath.
Police were called to Padnall Road at about 10.30pm last night to reports of an assault.
Officers found an 18-year-old man suffering from a stab wound in nearby Nash Road.
Attending paramedics rushed him to an east London hospital, where he died at 1.16am.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Though the victim has not been formally identified, his next of kin have been informed.
He may have been chased by a number of suspects before being attacked, detectives believe.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 6 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
A post-mortem exam will be held in due course.
Enquiries continue with no arrests made.
Officers ask witnesses or anyone with information to call 101 quoting CAD 9208/14March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.