Stab death: Murdered Dagenham schoolboy, 15, named as Joel Adesina
- Credit: Archant
Police have today formally identified the Dagenham schoolboy murdered during street clash on Friday night as Joel Adesina.
The 15-year-old died in hospital in just hours after the clash in Bethnal Green.
An ambulance crew answering a 999 call at 11.30pm found Joel with a stab wound to the stomach.
Surgeons fought to save his life, but he died at 2.15am on Saturday.
Detectives are appeal for witnesses after the stabbing during a clash between a group of youths on foot and the occupants of a car.
Joel was with the youths on foot. The area was later cordoned off.
Det Chief Insp Chris Jones said: “We want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed this or has information which could help our investigation as soon as possible.”
- 1 Father and son found guilty of Dagenham car park murder of John Avers
- 2 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 3 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 5 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 6 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 7 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 8 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 9 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
Witnesses or anyone with information about the clash just before the stabbing are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3734, the non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
An 18-year-old youth was arrested at the scene in connection with the incident. He was taken in for questioning, but later released with no further action.