Stab death: Murdered Dagenham schoolboy, 15, named as Joel Adesina
- Credit: Archant
Police have today formally identified the Dagenham schoolboy murdered during street clash on Friday night as Joel Adesina.
The 15-year-old died in hospital in just hours after the clash in Bethnal Green.
An ambulance crew answering a 999 call at 11.30pm found Joel with a stab wound to the stomach.
Surgeons fought to save his life, but he died at 2.15am on Saturday.
Detectives are appeal for witnesses after the stabbing during a clash between a group of youths on foot and the occupants of a car.
You may also want to watch:
Joel was with the youths on foot. The area was later cordoned off.
Det Chief Insp Chris Jones said: “We want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed this or has information which could help our investigation as soon as possible.”
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
Witnesses or anyone with information about the clash just before the stabbing are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3734, the non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
An 18-year-old youth was arrested at the scene in connection with the incident. He was taken in for questioning, but later released with no further action.