Stab death: Murdered Dagenham schoolboy, 15, named as Joel Adesina
- Credit: Archant
Police have today formally identified the Dagenham schoolboy murdered during street clash on Friday night as Joel Adesina.
The 15-year-old died in hospital in just hours after the clash in Bethnal Green.
An ambulance crew answering a 999 call at 11.30pm found Joel with a stab wound to the stomach.
Surgeons fought to save his life, but he died at 2.15am on Saturday.
Detectives are appeal for witnesses after the stabbing during a clash between a group of youths on foot and the occupants of a car.
You may also want to watch:
Joel was with the youths on foot. The area was later cordoned off.
Det Chief Insp Chris Jones said: “We want to speak to anyone who may have witnessed this or has information which could help our investigation as soon as possible.”
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
Witnesses or anyone with information about the clash just before the stabbing are being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3734, the non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
An 18-year-old youth was arrested at the scene in connection with the incident. He was taken in for questioning, but later released with no further action.